Studio in a School (Studio) seeks a dedicated, organized fundraising professional with an interest in arts education to join its team as the Development Associate. The Development Associate will provide administrative, logistical, and clerical support for Studio’s development efforts, which support its visual arts education programs in schools and day care centers throughout New York City and beyond. The Associate works closely with the Development and Executive staff, Finance, Marketing and Public Relations, and Program staff.
The Development Associate position is an exempt, full-time position reporting to the Director of Development. Primary responsibilities include:
- Assist in writing, editing, preparing, and submitting grant reports and proposals
- Coordinate with staff to ensure accurate program data collection and entry
- Format text and charts for proposals and reports
- Organize supplemental materials for proposals and reports
- Coordinate with Finance staff to prepare budgets for proposal and reporting purposes
- Maintain relationships with donors through invitations to exhibitions, distribution of recent press, and receipt of financial documents
- Research new funding prospects and support all efforts to identify, cultivate, and steward new and existing foundation, individual, government and corporate donors
- Write letters of inquiry and acknowledgment letters
- Update funder lists
- Follow all processes and procedures for receiving and recording gifts
- Track all donors and prospects in Raisers Edge, record entries, run custom reports, generate mailing lists
- Maintain grant files
- Collaborate with Finance and Marketing staff as needed
- Manage and train interns as needed
- Support organization’s events, as needed, through planning and attending
- Know the history, programs, finances and funding of Studio in a School and be an advocate for its mission and programs
- Other growth opportunities for the right candidate
- Bachelor’s degree
Experience and Personal Qualities
- Highly organized and able to anticipate, plan for, and reach deadlines
- Attentive to detail
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- The ability to juggle priorities and to maximize resources
- Technologically proficient and knowledgeable about standard business software and systems, including Microsoft Office and Raiser’s Edge
- Respect for Studio’s rich history of success and the ability to build upon that track record to take the organization to new levels of success
- High level of integrity and standard of excellence
- Strong work ethic with an appreciation for deadlines and adherence to project plans
- Positive attitude and a strong desire to be a part of a diverse team
Compensation is commensurate with experience. Studio offers a competitive benefits and vacation package.
Email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by August 1, 2016. Write “Development Associate” in the subject line. No phone calls please.
Studio in a School seeks to hire staff members who reflect the diversity of the communities they serve. All positions at Studio in a School are filled without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, employment status, HIV/AIDS status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. All are encouraged to apply.