In July of 2016 the Studio in a School Association, Inc. launched the Studio Institute. Informed by Studio’s 40 years of experience in the NYC Schools, the Institute will share program designs, develop curriculum resources, implement systemic professional development initiatives, expand teen and college student programs, conduct arts education research and nationally disseminate Studio’s programs. The Studio Institute seeks a dedicated, organized administrator with an interest in arts education to join its team as the Executive Assistant to the President.
The Assistant to the President manages various administrative and operational projects, and provides direct support to the President, enabling him to focus on strategic and added value projects.
- Monitor work flow through President’s office and manage multiple tasks concurrently
- Compose and edit internal/external correspondence, spreadsheets, charts, and presentations, ensuring completeness and accuracy
- Manage President’s calendar and travel arrangements
- Manage confidential information with discretion
- Provide a wide variety of support functions, including filing, invoices, scheduling, mailings, data collection, documentation, reporting, and other related tasks
- Maintains files and corporate records and contracts
- Process monthly expenses and requests for payment
- Oversee purchasing for the office
- Prepare for conferences and meetings by setting up space and ordering food
- Serve as the contact for IT consultant
- Process new hire/consultant paperwork; track and approve payroll for artists/hourly employees
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience supporting a senior manager and managing multiple projects and deadlines
- Advanced MS Office skills including superior Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent business writing skills
- Exceptional organizational skills, attention to detail and judgment
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Flexible, proactive
- Experience in maintaining confidential information with discretion
- 5+ years of post-college administrative experience
- Commensurate with experience
- Competitive benefits and vacation package
Email resume and cover letter, along with recent salary history, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Write “Executive Assistant to President, Studio Institute” in the subject line. No phone calls please.
About Studio in a School
Through the visual arts, Studio in a School has enriched the lives of more than 850,000 children residing in the five boroughs of New York City since 1977. Studio brings professional artists into schools and community organizations to lead classes in drawing, printmaking, painting, and sculpting, and works with teachers to link art with other academic subjects. Partnering with administrators, artists, supporters, and educators, Studio dedicates itself to providing students with a full and meaningful visual arts experience.
Studio in a School seeks to hire staff members who reflect the diversity of the communities they serve. All positions at Studio in a School are filled without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, employment status, HIV/AIDS status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. All are encouraged to apply.