Studio in a School (Studio) seeks a dedicated, organized individual with a background and interest in non-profit finance to join its Finance team as the Manager of Finance and HR Benefits. The Manager of Finance and HR Benefits provides support for finance and accounting, employee personnel files, records and benefits, and payroll. The Manager works closely with the Finance and Executive staff, as well as Program staff.
The Manager of Finance and HR Benefits is an exempt, full-time position reporting to the Director of Finance. Primary responsibilities include:
- Provide Finance and Accounting support
- Reconcile credit cards and allocate accordingly
- Prepare monthly reconciliations for Studio bank accounts; reconcile insurance invoices and vendor accounts.
- Follow up with vendors regarding statement balances.
- Review Accounts Payable, prepare A/P bank file, and generate and maintain A/P journal
- Process bank deposits
- Generate monthly Accounts Receivable reports; post billings in General Ledger; follow up on past-due invoices; post payments in General Ledger
- Prepare and generate internal program reports
- Prepare Journal Entries for payroll, money transfers, and TIAA-CREF
- Provide Human Resources support
- Coordinate payroll and benefits to ensure accurate contributions
- Terminate employees as necessary
- Maintain personnel files, HR paperwork, and enrollment forms
- Manage TransitCheck
- Attend training/seminars regarding benefits and HR laws
- Collect, review, and print time sheets
- Add staff to payroll; process any necessary changes as needed
- Review all payroll entries
- Make manual adjustments as necessary
- Create Preview Report for Director of Finance
- Distribute payroll checks
- Other projects and tasks as assigned by Director of Finance
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent; two or three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Experience and Personal Qualities
- Highly organized and able to anticipate, plan for and reach deadlines
- Attention to detail
- Adapts to changes in the work environment; manages competing demands; changes approach or method to best fit the situation
- The ability to juggle priorities
- Demonstrates knowledge of EEO policy; shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; educates others on the value of diversity; promotes a harassment-free environment; builds a diverse workforce.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Excel and Fund-EZ
- Strong work ethic with an appreciation for deadlines and adherence to project plans
- Positive attitude and a strong desire to be a part of a diverse team
- Proactive, independent, and flexible
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion
Compensation is commensurate with experience, including competitive benefits and vacation package.
Email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by September 15, 2016. Write “Finance Manager” in the subject line. No phone calls please.
About Studio in a School
Through the visual arts, Studio in a School has enriched the lives of more than 850,000 children residing in the five boroughs of New York City since 1977. Studio brings professional artists into schools and community organizations to lead classes in drawing, printmaking, painting, and sculpting, and works with teachers to link art with other academic subjects. Partnering with administrators, artists, supporters, and members of the New York City Department of Education, Studio dedicates itself to providing students with a full and meaningful visual arts experience. Each year, Studio offers a variety of programs to more than 150 New York City schools, taught by nearly 100 professional artists who devote over 45,000 hours to more than 30,000 Pre-K through high school students. Approximately 90% of all children who participate in Studio programs come from low-income homes.
Studio in a School seeks to hire staff members who reflect the diversity of the communities they serve. All positions at Studio in a School are filled without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, employment status, HIV/AIDS status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. All are encouraged to apply.