Studio in a School NYC, LLC (Studio NYC) seeks a highly motivated and detail-oriented individual to join our team as a Human Resources Intern. This position offers a valuable opportunity to gain hands-on experience in various aspects of human resources management while contributing to the growth and success of our organization. The ideal candidate will be organized, proactive, and eager to learn.
The Human Resources Intern is a non-exempt part-time position and expected to work approximately 20 hours per week. The Human resources Intern will report to the Director of Human Resources.
About Studio in a School Association
Studio in a School Association is comprised of two LLCs: Studio NYC and Studio Institute. Studio NYC engages over 30,000 public school students in all five boroughs each year and aims to ensure that New York City public school students receive standards-based, quality instruction in the visual arts regardless of socio-economic status. Studio Institute provides programs and creates new partnerships with communities and cultural organizations nationwide. Studio Institute is currently working with partners in Boston, Cleveland, Memphis, New York, Philadelphia, and Providence.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist the HR Department in day-to-day administrative tasks, including maintaining employee records and updating HR databases.
• Support the recruitment and onboarding process by posting job vacancies on various job boards and platforms, conducting initial screenings, scheduling interviews, and assisting with new hire orientation.
• Assist in organizing and coordinating benefits open enrollment process, including preparing communication materials, updating benefit information, and assisting employees with enrollment inquiries.
• Assist in organizing and coordinating employee training and development programs, including tracking participation and evaluating program effectiveness.
• Contribute to various HR projects, such as benefits analysis, DEI initiatives, team-building activities, and policy reviews.
• Conduct research on HR best practices, industry trends, and compliance regulations to assist in the development and improvement of HR policies and procedures.
• Maintain confidentiality of sensitive HR information and handle employee inquiries in a professional and timely manner.
• Other duties and ad-hoc projects as assigned.
• Currently pursuing a degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, Psychology, or a related field.
• Commitment to the mission of Studio in a School NYC.
• Excellent organizational skills with a strong attention to detail.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
• Ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize effectively in a fast-paced environment.
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work well within a team.
• High level of integrity and ability to maintain confidentiality.
• Knowledge of HR principles, practices, and compliance regulations is a plus.
Skills and Experience
• Prior experience in an administrative role is preferred.
• Demonstrated research and analytical skills.
• Project management skills and ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
• We are currently working on a hybrid schedule. The Human Resources Intern may be asked to work 1 day per week in our office at 75 West End Avenue, New York, NY, though this schedule may shift and evolve.
• Paid Sick Leave, Pre-tax Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Pre-tax Commuter Benefits, 403b Retirement Plan, Aflac Supplemental Benefits, and Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
• The hourly rate for this position is $20.00.
Email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Write “Human Resources Intern” in the subject line. No applications will be accepted without a cover letter. No phone calls, please.
If much of this job description describes you, please apply for this role. Research shows that women and people from underrepresented groups often apply to jobs only if they meet all the qualifications. We recognize this and encourage those with relevant skills and experience to apply.
Studio in a School is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to hire staff members who reflect the diversity of the communities we serve. All positions at Studio in a School are filled without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, employment status, HIV/AIDS status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. All are encouraged to apply.