Studio in a School seeks a creative, non-profit marketing and communications professional to join the organization’s team. The Marketing and Communications Manager is a full-time exempt position reporting to the Director of Development.
The Marketing and Communications Manager is responsible for implementing and contributing to all marketing, communications and public relations initiatives, and for collaborating with the Marketing Lead at the Institute as needed on organization-wide events and initiatives. Reporting to the Director of Development at Studio NYC, this is a full time, exempt position.
The Marketing and Communications Manager is responsible for developing and implementing programs in marketing, communications and public relations. The Manager is expected to fulfill the duties and responsibilities listed below and other duties as assigned.
- Work with Studio NYC Program Directors to devise and implement marketing plans
- Oversee all publication placement and strategic partnerships
- Create and maintain all marketing materials including but not limited to annual reports, program brochures, advertising post cards, letterhead and correspondence
- Write and/or edit diverse materials, including brochures, signage, invitation copy for exhibitions, quarterly newsletters, special events promotions, and other items
- Oversee design and production process for written and visual material for both internal and external purposes
- Oversee photo documentation of programs including managing freelance photographers
- Maintain a roster of photographers, videographers and graphic designers to aid in the production of Studio NYC printed and digital materials
- Maintain and manage all digital assets of Studio NYC, including Media Valet repository, videos, films, and photography
- Ensure that Studio NYC has “brand identity” as a visual arts education organization and is recognized as an expert nationally
- Work with staff and consultants to ensure that all materials maintain the consistent visual and conceptual identity of Studio NYC
- Work with the Director of Development to devise and implement communications plans
- Produce annual report, e-newsletter, invitations and all publications that deliver Studio NYC’s mission and programs to supporters and constituents
- Oversee photography and video recording of special events for documentation and sharing with supporters and constituents
- Maintain and manage all social media for all Studio NYC accounts, including design and execution of social media strategies, regularly scheduled campaigns, featured stories and webinars
- Update and manage Studio in a School’s websites, including but not limited to support for exhibitions and virtual galleries
- Liaise with all consultants related to communications including writers, designers, printers and public relations representatives
- Implement strategy to position Studio NYC within the media with emphasis on exhibitions program
- Write and/or edit press releases
- Field media inquiries and press relations as they relate to Studio NYC programs and special events
- Develop and maintain press lists and press relations
- Maintain press and publications archives
- Manage special events publicity and support staff receptions
- Raise Studio NYC’s profile among artists, teachers, principals, and other audience segments, including elected officials
- Inform the artistic community about teacher preparation and opportunities
- Create and prepare Board meeting presentations in collaboration with the Presidents of Studio NYC and Studio Institute
- Collaborate with the Board-level Marketing Committee including preparing meeting materials and following up on Board member requests in collaboration with Presidents
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Interest in visual arts and their role in education essential
- Five years relevant public relations, marketing and/or communications experience
- Expert writing and editorial experience
- Experience with graphic design software, email communications programs, and social media platforms
- Experience designing and executing social media strategies
- Knowledge of web communication procedures
- Familiarity with local and national media outlets
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to handle multiple assignments simultaneously and to keep track of and coordinate complex projects from start to finish on tight deadlines
- Ability to work with a variety of people including artists, senior management, trustees and consultants
- Ability to provide direction and develop teamwork
Compensation is commensurate with experience. Studio offers a competitive benefits and vacation package.
- As a result of Covid-19, many administrative employees are currently working remotely. In the coming weeks, we will be returning to our office at 75 West End Avenue in a hybrid schedule.
Studio in a School NYC is requiring all new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to the start date.
Generous paid time off, Medical/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance, Pre-tax Medical Flexible Spending Account (FSA) and Commuter Benefits, and 403b Retirement Plan.
How to apply:
Email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Write “Marketing and Communications Manager” in the subject line. No applications will be accepted without a cover letter. No phone calls, please.
About Studio in a School NYC, LLC
Studio in a School Association is comprised of two LLCs: Studio in a School NYC and Studio Institute. Studio NYC engages over 30,000 public school students in all five boroughs each year and aims to ensure that New York City public school students receive standards-based, quality instruction in the visual arts regardless of socio-economic status. Studio Institute provides programs and creates new partnerships with communities and cultural organizations nationwide. Studio Institute is currently working with partners in Boston, Cleveland, Memphis, New York, Philadelphia, and Providence.