Position: Programs Associate
Reports to: Senior Manager, Curriculum and Manager, Teen Programs
Studio Institute seeks a dedicated, organized, and innovative arts professional to join an industrious and talented team working in a fast-paced start-up, implementing a diverse portfolio of apprentice/internship-based programs for teens, and assisting with the national expansion of visual arts education programs for schools and communities. The Program Associate will play an important role in the success of Studio Institute programs in NYC and beyond.
In July of 2016 the Studio in a School Association, Inc. launched the Studio Institute, LLC. Informed by Studio’s 40 years of experience in the NYC Schools, the Studio Institute shares program designs, develops curriculum resources, implements system-wide professional development initiatives, implements teen and college student programs, conducts arts education research, and disseminates Studio’s programs nationally.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Oversee a diverse portfolio of programs for teens that include workplace-based skill-development for visual arts careers
- Manage recruitment of students for programs
- Coordinate placement sites for summer internships with community organizations and cultural partners and maintain liaison with them during program execution
- Manage schedules for classes, workshops, and internship programs, including coordinating staff support for all
- Work directly with students in selected art career-development classes and workshops, including college prep classes
- Maintain contracts, budgets, student records and documentation, and program metrics
- Order and maintain inventory of supplies and equipment for all programs
- Work with program leadership to ensure program activities meet stated goals
- Support independent evaluation of projects and assist in the preparing of grant and other reports
- Write and edit flyers, brochures, and program materials and prepare/post social media content
- Support administration of other projects as assigned by senior management
- B.A. degree in a relevant field
- Must be available to work the entire summer program season (June 1 – August 21) and occasional Saturdays
- 2-3 years paid experience in visual arts education and/or teen career development strongly preferred.
- Experience handling multiple projects and deadlines; detail-oriented with strong writing skills
- Proficient in advanced MS Office and Adobe Creative Suite; experience with Submittable/Survey Monkey a plus
Compensation is commensurate with experience, including competitive vacation and benefits package.
Email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Address to: “SI Programs Associate” in the subject line. No phone calls, please.
Studio Institute seeks to hire staff members who reflect the diversity of the communities we serve. All positions at Studio Institute are filled without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, employment status, HIV/AIDS status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. All are encouraged to apply.