Studio in a School NYC, LLC (Studio) is seeking a dedicated, organized, collaborative administrator with an interest in art education to join our program team as the Registrar/Scheduler. Working closely with the Program Directors and Program Coordinators, the Registrar/Scheduler provides administrative, logistical, and clerical support for the program team, serving as a liaison between Studio and its educational partners, Artist Instructors, and other staff. The Registrar/Scheduler maintains the Artist Instructors’ schedules, coordinates teaching assignments from partner schools/CBOs, schedules planning meetings, and provides other administrative support.
This position requires keen attention to detail, high-level professionalism, and strong interpersonal and organizational skills. Individuals with prior scheduling and administrative experience in education and/or a non-profit setting are encouraged to apply.
The Registrar/Scheduler will report to the Associate Director of Residency Programs. The Registrar/Scheduler position is a non-exempt, full-time position, and will be expected to become a member of United Autoworkers Union Local 2110.
About Studio in a School Association
Studio in a School Association is comprised of two LLCs: Studio in a School NYC and Studio Institute. Studio NYC engages over 30,000 public school students in all five boroughs each year and aims to ensure that New York City public school students receive standards-based, quality instruction in the visual arts regardless of socio-economic status. Studio Institute provides programs and creates new partnerships with communities and cultural organizations nationwide. Studio Institute is currently working with partners in Boston, Cleveland, Memphis, New York, Philadelphia, and Chicago.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Communicate and coordinate with Studio’s partner schools/CBOs, the program team and ArtistInstructors regarding teaching placements, Artist Instructors’ schedules and related meetings.
- Oversee and ensure the logistics of scheduling each placement and planning meeting, such as sending work orders and receiving purchasing orders, setting residencies’ start dates, entering data in MSAccess database, sending placement confirmation emails to schools/CBOs, preparing meeting agendas, and sharing Zoom meeting invitations.
- Map out Artist Instructors’ schedules and confirm the placements in coordination with Program Directors.
- Organize and respond to Artist Instructors’ schedule changes with an ability to adjust in real time with the high level of professionalism.
- Help with scheduling artist substitutes along with Program Coordinators.
- Generate and send out emails to Artist Instructors regarding the open residency assignments at partner schools/CBOs and other artist opportunities.
- Follow through and follow up with internal and external partners in a timely manner. Handle phone calls and email inquiries from Artist Instructors, schools/CBOs, and other staff regarding the schedules.
- Provide administrative and organizational support to the program team.
- Attend exhibition/networking/community events, as necessary.
- Actively participate in Studio’s performance evaluation system.
- Other duties and ad-hoc projects as assigned.
Desired Skills and Background
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Minimum one to two years of scheduling and administrative experience, including experience in communicating and working with internal staff and external partners/stakeholders.
- Multiple years of work experience and customer service background preferred.
- Experience in education, nonprofit organization or related role preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- High proficiency in using Microsoft Suites including Outlook, Excel and Access.
Personal Qualities and Habits of Work
- Commitment to the mission of Studio in a School NYC.
- Self-motivation, assertiveness, positive demeanor and willingness to work in a collaborative team environment.
- Ability to collaborate within a team environment and interact with diverse staff members and populations.
- Strong work ethic with an appreciation for deadlines. Adherence to project plans and following through.
- Strong ability to set up efficient systems and processes to track various aspects of a program.
- Ability to multitask and juggle competing priorities.
- Skilled in being direct, yet graceful, organized and planned. Adaptive and thoughtful in a fast-paced environment.
- Willingness to persistently communicate via email, phone, text, etc.
- Able to complete NYC Department of Education Fingerprint and Background Check Clearance upon employment.
- We are currently working on a hybrid schedule. The Registrar/Scheduler will be asked to work at least 2 days per week in our office at 75 West End Avenue, New York, NY, though this schedule may shift and evolve.
- Generous paid time off, Medical/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance, Pre-tax Medical Flexible Spending Account (FSA) and Commuter Benefits, 403b Retirement Plan, AFLAC supplemental benefits, and Employee Assistance Program (EAP), all pursuant to our union contract.
- Stay up to date with COVID-19 vaccines including boosters. Studio in a School NYC, LLC requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to the start date.
- Salary set pursuant to a union contract.
Email resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Write “Registrar/Scheduler” in the subject line. No applications will be accepted without a cover letter. No phone calls, please.
If much of this job description describes you, please apply for this role. Research shows that women and people from underrepresented groups often apply to jobs only if they meet all the qualifications. We recognize this and encourage those with relevant skills and experience to apply.
Studio in a School is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to hire staff members who reflect the diversity of the communities we serve. All positions at Studio in a School are filled without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, employment status, HIV/AIDS status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. All are encouraged to apply.